If you’ve never got butt-naked in front of a stranger so they can spray your entire body with a cold brown liquid, don’t worry – it’s not as horrendous as you’d think.
Believe me this was exactly how I felt before my first ever spray tan.
I was so nervous about standing naked in front of someone and nervous about the final tan results.
Congratulations On Booking Your Tan.
My first tan was way back in 2001 and I was off to Bali for a holiday.
I was milky white and I wanted to have some sort of colour when I got there. Back then spray tans took 8 hours to develop and often there would be patchy bits around the knees and ankles.
I was lucky that the tanning technician was experienced and I got a great looking tan that lasted me 5 days before it started to look patchy and by then I started to get a little bit of holiday tan by then.
How To Set Up For A Mobile Spray Tan
Have an area approx 2 by 2 metres for the spray tent to be set up on and ensure there is a power point close by for the spray tan machine
Have you followed our skin prepping advice?
Read here to go over it again.
Please remove all makeup and deodorant before your tan.
Deodorant will stop the tanning solution from adhering to your skin which results in patchy spots under your arm pits – Not the look you want to be aiming for!
An appointment is usually 30 mins if everything is ready for the appointment to get started straight away.
The Spray Tan Appointment
- Upon arrival your Technician will to set up a pop up tent in the area you have deemed suitable equipment and apply the spray tan.
All that is required is access to a power point, and enough room for the tanning tent and equipment (approx 2 square metres). The more light that is in the room the better.
- You will be asked to complete our Customer Care form whilst your Technician sets up their equipment.
- Your technician will then discuss your tanning requirements, what to expect and help to determine which tanning solution would be best suited for your skin tone and for the occasion of the tan.
- The tan is applied. It is a fine mist is sprayed over your body. You will be directed on how to stand and how to move to get even coverage. It is also up to you whether you have your face sprayed or not
- Once the tanning solution has been applied you will be finished off with our TAN SETTING POWDER completely complimentary. It instantly dries your tan so you can get dressed immediately
- Your technician will then pack away the tanning equipment and be on their way.
What Do I wear for a Mobile Spray Tan?
Having a mobile spray tan means that you do not have to stress about what to wear going to and leaving a salon
And when you can stay at home you will have less chances of clothing mishaps
While the therapist sets up the pop up tent and spray gun, you can get completely undressed. You can keep your knickers on if you wish, but if you do, we’d recommend opting for something minimal, like a g-string, as you’ll be left with white patches underneath. We can supply you with a disposable g-string or you can wear your own choice of bottoms.
We can also supply a pair of sticky soles. Now you now what those sticky white things are. You peel of the paper and put your foot onto them.
No strap marks on your feet!
Once your tan is dry a loose fitting t shirt dress or caftan is recommended and avoid a bra and socks till your development time is up and then you will shower off the bronzer. 2 hours is the usual development time
The Final Steps Of The Tanning Process
After 2 hours ( or what the technician suggests) Have a quick shower to rinse off the bronzer. You will see some colour wash off in the shower but don’t panic. The tan is still developing in colour.
Avoid scrubbing in the shower and be gentle with your skin when drying it. Just pat dry and use a dark coloured towel as you may stain a lighter coloured one.
The less contact made with your skin the longer and more even your tan will stay and look.
For your first spray tan, a mobile visit can take the worry out of dealing with the travel home from a salon while you have spray tan solution developing.
Call us today on (07) 5646 3750 to book your stress free tan.